Next to being an IT professional for more than 25 years, I have been working part-time in the Food & Beverages and Hospitality industry for more than 10 years.
Details can be found in my LinkedIn Profile. Some of those activities are highlighted below.
- Strandclub Doen!, Scheveningen, the Netherlands
- line chef, grill (hot side) during lunch and dinner service
- private parties for up to 800 guests
- buffet and walking dinners preparations
- former restaurant Square, Den Haag, the Netherlands
- line chef, appetizers & desserts (cold side) during lunch & dinner service
- largest terrace of the city (500 guests outside, 120 inside)
- Academie voor gastronomie, Hoog Soeren, the Netherlands (Turbo Cuisinier/Gastheer)
- culinary training in kitchen techniques
- knowledge about seasonal ingredients, meats, fish and game, as well as cheese and fruits
- food-wine pairing training and certification
- WSET 2 sommelier exam and certificate
- Private Dining Restaurant ChrisTonite
- 2-10 guests
- custom menu and wine list for each occasion
- 3, 4, 5 course meals for a fixed price
- each occasion focussed around a single theme (could be place, cuisine, wine region, season of the year, etc.)
You may also check my vivino profile for a summary of the wines I like and drink.