When Jason kane from the UCIS at Pitt contacted me to see if we could rally together the European community of Pitt alumni, I jumped at the chance! I had been the local representative of pitt in the Benelux since my graduation in 1990 and this meant more exposure and a chance to collaborate with fellow alumni throughout Europe using Internet technologies and apps. My specialty!
- Creation of Facebook pages for a local European chapter and a Caribbean chapter
- Set-up a communication channel using the Slack SaaS, https://pitteurope.slack.com
- Set-up of social media profiles for the local clubs on Twitter and Facebook
- Integration of Eventbrite to manage publication and registration for events and integration with Facebook events
- Organization of local events for alumni in the Netherlands
- Joint admin duties on the Facebook pages with the central alumni office in Pittsburgh